Local Practice Groups are generally organized by participants of MMC events, to get together and practice their singing. You can use this calendar page to set up a new singing event near you, or get in touch with MMC to help you figure out the best way to organize other people in the community to form a local practice group.
Monday, October 12, 2020 at 01:00 PM through October 14, 2020via Zoom
We look forward to gathering for our three-day Virtual Fall Retreat, a time to rest, restore, and to give and return thanks. Together, we'll experience participatory learning and singing, sharing music from a variety of traditions, and reflecting on leadership practices useful in a range of contexts, virtually and in-person, from devotional spaces to choir rehearsal to protest and movement spaces.
In this co-learning space, we'll explore what this change of seasons, in this changing world, asks of us, noticing the way our bodies and voices are present when we learn through thoughtful modeling and generous invitation.
REGISTER HERE!We'll begin and end each day by awakening our voices and spirits in song. We'll burrow into Core Sessions led by MMC presenters and guests. And in the afternoons, we'll use an Open Source model to center the questions, needs, and dreams of the group. You are welcome to opt in or out as your schedule, focus, and/or time zone require.
Here's the daily schedule:
- Morning Singing/Centering and Fellowship (8:00-9:00 a.m. EDT; a second offering at the same time MDT)
- Core Sessions - large-group learning time (1:00-2:30 pm EDT)
- Afternoon Open Source Conversations - we'll invite the burning questions, curiosity, and interests of the group to shape mid-afternoon learning, singing, and conversations spaces (Times TBD)
- Evening Singing/Centering and Fellowship (7:00-8:00 p.m. EDT)
- Topic-driven 'pop-up' groups are welcome to gather around shared interests and needs
Registration is limited to 35 people, so fill out the Google registration form to let us know you're planning to attend.
Limited scholarships are available. Please contact Charlotte Moroz at email@example.com or (929) 266-4662 to learn more or if you have any questions.