While in-person summer events need to be postponed for everyone's health and safety, MMC is excited to continue our work online through a Virtual Retreat from July 28-30, 2020. We'll gather each day from 1-2:30 p.m. EDT for interactive online singing and learning that explores:
- Zoom Singing Toolkit - our MMC leaders will share what they've been learning about singing virtually and how we keep engaging body, mind, spirit, and voice
- Singing and the Body - framed as a kind of musical/vocal Yoga session, Jazz singer and composer Chanda Rule will invite us into singing practices that reconnect, balance, and restore
- Sharing Your Song - we'll offer tools to help you write your own songs and chants, and invite each other into a space of creation and song sharing. What song is within you that's waiting to be written?
Each session will include follow up material - writing prompts, video content, and online spaces to share your questions, noticing, and wondering.
We're also excited to offer additional events you can participate in as your schedule (and time zone) allow, including:
- Morning Singing/Centering and Fellowship (8:30-9:30 a.m. EDT/CDT; a second offering at the same time MDT/PDT)
- Afternoon Open Source Conversations - we'll invite the burning questions, curiosity, and interests of the group to shape afternoon learning, singing, and conversations spaces (Times TBD)
- Evening Singing/Centering and Fellowship (5-6:30 p.m. EDT/CDT; a second offering at the same time MST/PST)
- Topic-driven 'pop-up' groups that gather around shared interests and needs
Limited scholarships are available. Please contact Paul Vasile at [email protected] or (929) 266-4662 to learn more or if you have any questions.
July 28, 2020 at 1:00pm - July 30, 2020
Charlotte Moroz · · 929-266-4662