Join Music that Makes Community, with leaders Paul Vasile and Charlotte Moroz, for a One-Day Paperless Music Workshop at The Episcopal Church of the Resurrection in Eugene, Oregon!
We’ll gather on Saturday, June 25, from 9 am to 4:30 pm for a renewing day of singing, learning and fellowship. During our time together we’ll:
- Explore a practice of paperless singing leadership grounded in a theology of welcome and generosity
- Engage in prayer through congregational music teaching and leading
- Experience music reflective of the growing diversity of our communities and celebrating our rich liturgical tradition
Clergy, music directors, lay leaders, and those who love to sing are warmly welcomed. Each person will leave with new music to offer in their congregation, as well as experiences of learning and teaching songs that are directly applicable to worship, formation, and fellowship contexts.
The event is sponsored by the Liturgy & Music Working Group of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Oregon and generously sponsored by a grant from the Diocese.
The cost for individuals in the Diocese is $40. The rate for all other participants is $100. The fee includes workshop materials, lunch, and refreshments throughout the day. Scholarship support is available, and we do not want cost to prevent anyone’s participation. Feel free to contact for more information. Register here!
We will follow the guidelines of the Diocese in place at the time of the event and are taking precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants. The room will be well-ventilated, we’ll take regular breaks, and follow the CDC's best practices for in-person gathering.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- Intergenerational Community SING on Thursday, June 23 at 7 p.m. PDT
- MMC facilitators will share musical leadership for the Sunday, June 26 morning liturgy at St. Philip the Deacon Episcopal Church in Portland.
3925 Hilyard St
Eugene, OR 97405
Google map and directions