Music that Makes Community is excited for a residency at Saint Stephen’s Episcopal Church in Columbus, Ohio, including a One-Day Paperless Music Workshop. We’ll gather on Saturday, February 18, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for a renewing day of building community through singing, learning, and fellowship. During our time together we’ll:
- Explore a practice of paperless (oral tradition) singing leadership grounded in a spirit of welcome and generosity
- Engage models of teaching and leading that welcome our bodies, hearts, and minds
- Experience music reflective of the growing diversity of our communities and celebrating our rich spiritual and liturgical traditions
- Build community and strengthen relationships through singing.
Each person will leave with new music to share, as well as experiences of learning and teaching songs applicable to their context. Choir directors, clergy, cantors, lay leaders, and all who love to sing are warmly welcomed.
The cost of the workshop is $120, including workshop materials, lunch, and refreshments throughout the day. We do not want the cost to prevent anyone’s participation, so please reach out to let us know if you need scholarship support.
Please contact Paul Vasile at [email protected] or (929) 266-4662 if you have any questions.
We will follow the guidelines at Saint Stephen’s Episcopal Church in place at the time of the event and will take precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants. The room will be well-ventilated, we’ll take regular breaks, and follow the CDC's best practices for in-person gathering.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- We'll offer an Intergenerational Community SING at St. Stephen's on Friday, February 17 at 7 p.m. ET. This 75-minute event is free and open to all who love to sing.
- MMC facilitators will share musical leadership at Sunday morning liturgies on February 19.
30 W Woodruff Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Google map and directions