After a two-year wait, Music that Makes Community is excited to visit Annapolis, Maryland for a One-Day Paperless Music Workshop at St. Margaret's Episcopal Church.
We’ll gather on Saturday, October 22, from 9 am to 4:30 pm for a renewing day of building community through congregational singing, learning, and fellowship. During our time together we’ll:
- Explore a practice of paperless (oral tradition) singing leadership grounded in a spirit of welcome and generosity
- Engage models of teaching and leading that welcome our bodies, hearts, and minds
- Experience music reflective of the growing diversity of our communities and celebrating our rich spiritual and liturgical traditions
- Experience building community and strengthening relationships through community and congregational singing
Choir directors, clergy, cantors, lay leaders, and those who love to sing are warmly welcomed. Each person will leave with new music to share, as well as experiences of learning and teaching songs applicable to their context.
The event is generously sponsored by a grant from the Episcopal Church’s Roanridge Trust and the Missions Commission of St. Margaret’s Church, Annapolis, MD
Registration fees are on a sliding scale, from $40 to 80/person, including workshop materials, lunch, and refreshments throughout the day. We ask you to pay what is generous and affordable for you with gratitude for the time and skill of our presenters. Scholarship support is available, and we do not want cost to prevent anyone’s participation.
Please contact Charlotte Moroz at [email protected] or (929) 266-4662 if you have any questions.
We will follow the guidelines at St. Margaret’s Church in place at the time of the event and will take precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants. The room will be well-ventilated, we’ll take regular breaks, and follow the CDC's best practices for in-person gathering.
Additional Learning Opportunities:
- We'll offer an Intergenerational Community SING on Friday, October 21 at 7 p.m. ET. This 75-minute event is free and open to all who love to sing.
- MMC facilitators will share musical leadership for the 9:00am and 11:15am liturgies at St. Margaret's Church on Sunday, October 23.
1601 Pleasant Plains Rd
Annapolis, MD 21409
Google map and directions
Showing 1 contribution