Join us at Grace Memorial Episcopal Church in Portland, Oregon on Wednesday, January 25 for a day of singing and worship planning! We'll begin with a Mini-Workshop from 9:30 am to Noon presenting the basics of paperless music leadership and songs for the Lenten season.
After a spacious lunch break, we'll continue with a multi-access Worship Planning Workshop from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. PT focused on the season of Lent (Year A). We'll:
- READ sacred text for the season with an ear for how it speaks in our contexts;
- SING music from varied traditions and cultures, focusing mostly on paperless music while including a range of congregational song repertoires;
- COLLABORATE with others to imagine context-specific liturgy and songs for our communities;
The event is generously sponsored by a grant from the Liturgy & Music Working Group of The Episcopal Church in Western Oregon.
Registration fees are on a sliding scale. We ask you to pay what is generous and affordable for you, with gratitude for the time and skill of our presenters. Additional scholarship support is also available, if needed.
- Full Day (In-Person): from $120 to $90 per person (including lunch)
- Afternoon Session (In-Person): from $75 to $50
- Afternoon Session (Online): from $60 to $40
Accessibility, Parking, and Public Transit:
There is an accessible entrance on 17th. You are welcome to park in a lot on 16th as well as street parking.
Bus lines: 8, 17, 70, 77.
Max Exit: Lloyd Center/NE 11th Station
1535 NE 17th Ave
Portland, OR 97232
Google map and directions