For some of us artists, educators, leaders, and community workers, the past few years have been challenging. We bring passion and urgency to our community work, yet can feel overwhelmed by the pressure to grow and produce more — or undermined by fear of everything falling apart. Others of us may have experienced a renewed hope for change and are looking for ways to more fully embrace the transformation that seems within reach. Whatever our starting point, we seek spaces of renewal, to infuse our work, relationships, and everyday life with creativity and play.
Artist-activists, educators, and faith leaders Paul Vasile, Maren Haynes Marchesini, Barbara Berry-Bailey, and Leah Silvieus, invite you to Flourishing in the Field: Practices of Participation and Collaboration to Transform our Lives and Communities. We will gather for a five-day retreat at Holden Village as we explore these questions through practices of learning, listening, and creating together:
- How might collaboration around ritual, performance, and art foster deeply responsive, mutually enriching, and healing community relationships?
- How can we lead with interconnection, joy, purpose, and play?
- How can we open more space for rest, repair, listening, contemplation, and depth?
These days are for you if:
- You are seeking new insights and epiphanies that may infuse both your work and everyday life with creativity and play
- You are leading or part of an organization seeking new ways to build community and live into your core values.
- You feel bored, burnt out or dead-ended in your job and long for that “something” that will help you recover your sense of purpose and excitement.
On the Visit Holden page, scroll down to Visit in the Spring, Autumn, or Winter and click on Make a Reservation under the trio of photos.
You’ll see a calendar where you can select an arrival date (Sunday, September 10 or Monday, September 11) and ending date (Friday, September 15). The reservation system will calculate your rate. Your completed reservation serves as as the registration fee for the retreat!
Also, be sure to book travel by boat on the Lady of the Lake (slow boat) or Lady Express (fast boat). You can reserve a spot to Lucerne on Sunday morning or Monday morning.
A scholarship fund is available. You are encouraged to contact Holden Village to request tuition support.
For questions about lodging, registration, etc. contact Paul Vasile at the email below.
Chelan, WA 98816
Google map and directions