Sharing the Song is designed for community song leaders seeking to strengthen and refine their skills so they can encourage beautiful music-making wherever they go. We're grateful you are planning to join us!
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- Sing and learn together, experiencing music from a wide range of musical traditions, cultures, and styles.
- Under the guidance of master teacher Alice Parker, explore how song leaders lift song off the page through careful study of melody, text, musical style, and historic context. Learn more about Alice's sessions here.
- Reflect on the energetic and physical dimensions of song leadership with Paul Vasile, focusing on holistic leadership practices that support dynamic communication. Learn more about Paul's sessions here.
- Participants will practice leading the group in song and receive feedback and coaching from Alice and Paul.
- Build a community of practice and support, as we connect with like-minded colleagues and peers from variety of contexts and musical backgrounds.
- Commit to serving as community builders and teachers in our home context, creating spaces where singing together is a beautiful, inclusive, and life-giving experience for all.
The individual registration rate for Sharing the Song is $600 per person. This includes all workshop materials, dinner on Wednesday evening, lunch on both Thursday and Friday, as well as refreshments throughout the workshop. The registration fee does not includes transportation or lodging.
The rate for Auditors is $450 per person. Auditors are invited to participate in learning sessions but will not have the opportunity to lead the group in song or recieve personal coaching from Alice and Paul. The rate includes all workshop materials, dinner on Wednesday evening, lunch on both Thursday and Friday, as well as refreshments throughout the workshop. The registration fee does not includes transportation or lodging.
We're grateful to again be hosted by Eden Theological Seminary in Webster Groves, just west of the city of St. Louis, MO. We'll gather in the Werlhi Chapel at the heart of the campus, a comfortable, acoustically resonant space for singing and learning.
Lodging is not included in the registration fee but we have secured a discounted rate of $159/night with the Homewood Suites by Hilton® St. Louis Galleria, a 10-minute drive from the seminary. Details will be provided upon acceptance to the program. Please note: we are not responsible for lodging participants and cannot guarantee the discounted rate if you fail to reserve a room in a timely manner.
Several meals are covered by your registration fee, including a welcome dinner on Wednesday evening at 5:30 p.m., lunch on Thursday and Friday, as well as coffee, tea, water, snacks and other treats during the day. Continental breakfast is provided by the hotel.
Participants are responsible for dinner on Thursday and Friday evening. There are excellent, eclectic dining options a short walk (5-10 minutes) from the Eden campus. A list will be provided when you arrive.
475 E Lockwood Ave
St. Louis, MO 63119
Google map and directions